Make Giving Back Your Second Act!
Many of the most admired and respected people in history all agree on one thing… service is the key to happiness. According to Gandhi, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
Are you looking for a way to feel better both mentally and physically? Volunteering is the answer! It is proven that volunteerism promotes independence, friendships, partnerships, personal dignity and a sense of accomplishment. Older Americans who volunteer frequently live longer and report less disabilities. The effects of volunteering were found to be greater than any other factors such as marriage, education level or income. RSVP volunteers experience less anxiety, depression and loneliness. They also report stable or improving health after just one year of service!
Our senior volunteers recognize the need to maintain a positive sense of self. Their continued service helps to:
- Increase physical activity levels by traveling to and from their place of service
- Participate in social engagement by talking to staff and other volunteers
- Receive cognitive stimulation by tutoring or preparing for future events
Benefits of a free RSVP membership include:
- Meeting new friends and neighbors in your community
- An annual volunteer recognition celebration Transportation support for volunteers 55 and over if needed in order to volunteer
- Free supplemental automobile, liability and accident insurance (click here to download information sheet)
- Improved health, personal happiness and well-being
We serve Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York Counties!
Complete the Enrollment Form or contact us today & schedule a time to talk to the Volunteer Coordinator serving your county at 800-870-2616.
Join AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP and bring out the best of America!
Download the Volunteer Enrollment Form
Download the Volunteer Reimbursement Form