The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is a source for connecting organizations to volunteers who are looking to share a lifetime of experience and a dedication to helping others. RSVP of the Capital Region provides organizations with the people power to meet our communities most pressing challenges. Our senior volunteers have a wealth of experience and the wisdom and the desire to contribute their time and skills to support local organizations.
RSVP of the Capital Region can assist the following types of organizations in finding the perfect volunteer(s)!
- Registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations
- Government Agencies
- Proprietary Health Care Facilities (some exclusions apply)
Why utilize RSVP?
You may be wondering why you should partner with RSVP to help your agency recruit and retain volunteers. What are the benefits of entering into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with RSVP and becoming a partner agency with us?
Here is what RSVP of the Capital Region will do for you:
- Offer your agency significant cost savings through the recruitment and retention of RSVP volunteers
- Identify specific RSVP volunteers that would be a good match for your agency’s needs
- Provide FREE supplemental (secondary) accident, personal liability, and excess automobile liability insurance coverage to all RSVP volunteers while they are volunteering
- Provide transportation reimbursement to volunteers up to $35 a month, including mileage (26 cents a mile), bus fare, taxis and parking fees
- Assistance with clearances, such as criminal, child abuse or FBI, for volunteers serving with children or vulnerable adults
- Help to connect your agency or clients with other community organizations partnered with RSVP
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding/Partnership Agreement
- Create a RSVP Volunteer Job Description
- Provide safe working conditions
- Provide orientation and training
- Collect and submit volunteers’ hours to RSVP on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Assist with data collection – two times a year
- Not to displace a paid worker with a volunteer
- Recognize the achievement of volunteers & identify them as RSVP volunteers
If your non-profit is interested in becoming an RSVP Station, please download and complete the Memorandum of Understanding, and then return it to us by e-mail, mail or fax
Download the Memorandum of Understanding Form